Name : Dr. Suhaimi Bin Ayoub
Consultant Physician Kuantan Medical Centre MD (USM) MMED (USM)
Citizenship : Malaysian
Previous Academic Position:
- Lecturer in Clinical Medicine
- Physician in Internal Medicine Department, HTAA
- MD (USM) June 1996
- MMED (Internal Medicine) 2003
- Permanent Clinical Lecturer since Feb 2004 till June 2006
- Pesident Consultant Physician, Kuantan Medical Centre
Years of Work :
- House officer since June 1996 in Hospital Seremban
- Medical Officer in HTAA – Dermatology Dept June 1997-1998
- Medical Officer in HTAA – Medical Dept. since June 1998
- Join IIUM as trainee Lecturer in Internal Medicine Dept in Sept 2000
- Went for MMED Programme USM ; 1999 – 2003
o 6 months gastro and neuro attachment in HUKM
o 3 months cardio attachment in IJN
o 3 months attachment in Hospital Selayang
- Clinical specialist since September 2003
- Obtained Assistant Professor since 14 February 2004
- Working as permanent lecturer till june 2006
- Resident Consultant Physician Kuantan Medical Centre since June 2006
Major Publication :
- Cerebral Malaria; eIMJ : No 2, Vol 1 Dec 2004,
- Dengue Encephalitis; eIMJ : No 2, Vol 2 Dec 2004,
- A fevourable response to splenectomy in familial myelodysplastic Syndrome : Singapore Medical Journal ( accepted for publication )
- Dianostic yield of colonoscopy in patient with colorectal symptoms ; Zailani MH,
, Nasser MA, Suhaimi A; 5th Malaysian Colorectal Conference Kuala Lumpur. Azmi MN
- Serum Sialic Acid in Acute Coronary Syndrome : Indian Heart (Heart Journal Dec 2007)
Completed Research :
- Establishment of research methods and protocols in our proposed Cytogenetic laboratory of the kulliyyah of medicine IIUM.
- Diagnostic yield of colonoscopy in patients with colorectal symptomsHCV false positivity among population in HTAA
- Inron deficiency anemia in patient with chronic renal failure; The value of Endoscopy upper and lower GI
- Pulmonary and cardiovascular manifestation in patient of SLE In Kuantan.
- Primary Plasma cell Leukemia with Progressive Paraplegia.
- Co reviewer for monograph publication of Transfusion Medicine for IIUM medical student.
Article review :
- Thrombocytopenia presenting with total aortic occlusion.
- A review of bone marrow examination in Hospital Tengku Ampuan Afzan, Kuantan.
- Establishment of Medical Gastro Bleeding Team In HTAA,Kuantan.
- Accreditated as Medical Endoscopist by accreditation and privileging committee HTAA.Specialist in Charge of medical CME IIUM / HTAA.
- Appointed for consultant for product evaluation PKBD Min. of Health : VENTAVIS and OLMETEC.
- Invited for involvement of National Hepatitis C registry as core searcher.
- Invited for National Inflammatory Bowel Disease registry.
Community involvement :
- Invited to Give Talks on Hepatitis B and C in Radio
- Invited to deliver seminar to General Practitioners in Mentakab, Pahang for update in management of Hepatitis B.
- Invited to give talks to secondary schools for “Sihat Afiat Programme”
- Medical Endoscopic Diagnostic and Therapeutic.
o Percutaneous enteral Gastrotomy insertion
o Colonic Cancer Screening and treatment
o Inflammatory bowel disease : screening and treatment.
o Hepatitis B and C : Screening, diagnosis and treatment.
o Chronic Liver disease and hepatocellular cancer
o Other various hepatological disorders
o Well versed with chemotheraphy regimes and protocols
o Well updated knowledge with current hematological disease diagnosis and treatment
o Stress Test
o Dobutamine Stress Test
o Temporary pacemaker insertion and monitoring
o Thrombolysis for Myocardial Infarction.